Friday, July 8, 2011

Free Flower Saturday!

I know, I know, the alliteration is all off.  These flowers are being given away today, so I suppose we could call it Free Flower Friday, but the delivery will be Saturday, so in the spirit of truth in advertising I'll ruin the flow of words.  You don't mind, do you?

Keeping in mind that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I am imitating one of my favorite florists, Saipua, and doing my own Midwestern version of her Free Flower time.  The idea of giving a way flowers just because they make me happy and I want to make you happy as well just sits right with me.  You should check out Saipua, her flowers are so beautiful and natural and a little bit crazy.  Love the crazy.  If I lived in Brooklyn I would be parked on her doorstep a lot.  She also gives classes at The Little Flower School, and they look like so much fun!  Again, if I lived in Brooklyn....

Anyway, this is the Midwest.  Here in Chesterton, Indiana, we have beautiful flowers, and we just might have flowers for you!

Here's how it works:  to enter, please leave a comment on this post.  One comment per person, please.  Unfortunately I will have to limit entries to local people only (Northwest Indiana, please!).  You have all day to enter and if you want to diminish your chances of winning, please tell your friends!  At 7ish tonight we will randomly draw a name, and I will post the winner here.   Your flowers will be delivered to your doorstep on Saturday morning, just in time to decorate your freshly cleaned for the weekend house!  Or you could just shove that big stack of newspapers, magazines, empty mugs, and books off the coffee table and place the flowers there as a distraction from the mess.  Either way works for me.

Have a happy Friday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Great idea - the flowers will look lovely next to my vase of paper flowers I got last week from my kids. I love flowers!!
Erin Taylor

Mary Ann said...

I will be glad to add the first post. I always love to get some of Kris' flowers -- plus I just found out that my husband is coming home from the hospital, so I have a desire to celebrate! Love -- Mom L

Shannon said...

I would love some beautiful Kris flowers!

Erin said...

what a great thing! Would love some beautiful flowers!