Wednesday, July 20, 2011

hot update

It is hot in Indiana, reader.
Too hot to go out, too hot to drive, too hot to do anything.
We went to the pool today and it felt so lovely and refreshing, until we loaded back into the car to go home. All that heat and humidity rolled over us like an unwelcome fog. But enough about bad heat!

Here is some good heat!
As I mentioned, my last bride chose hot pink as her main colors. Hot pink and white to be exact.
For her bouquet she wanted touches of hot pink, with the main flowers being white.





The flowers were a sort of Midwest-meets-the-tropics.
I used plenty of locally grown zinnias, hydrangea, astilbe and delphinium, adding more exotic cymbidium orchids and roses.
I especially love the white zinnias, many of them green or bordering on green. Is that green? Or white? The kinds of colors that make you look twice. I like those.

Thank you, of course to my lovely model, the Josie, my own exotic locally grown flower.








************







***************

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beth Hanna said...

Beautiful! Both the flowers and the model!